Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Happy Birthday to my Big Bro!


Happy 39th Birthday to my Big Brother!

When I think of my brother, Mick, I think of lots of great things. He makes me laugh and always has, he loves to tease me (especially when he and Dave are together- I don't stand a chance!), he has one of the loudest laughs I know, and he is a great father and husband. I think of pulling fingers, arm farts, a beer on the back patio, trumpet playing, country music, Mickey Mantle, and Stretch Armstrong. He is a computer genius, a weather junkie, a coach, and a "smart great guy." I think of crying the night he went away to college, and the day he drove all the way to Nocona when I was in labor with my first child. I think of him walking his son down the aisle in a wagon at my wedding, and the pictures of him and his daughter going to the father-daughter dance. but I think my favorite thing to think of is his nickname for me. It is one of the things I love the most about him- how I feel when he uses it. So here's to you, Mick- Happy Birthday!

Love,

Half-Pint

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Ok, you made dad and I both cry with this one.

Love you,
Mom