Friday, February 15, 2008

Valentine's Day- Godiva Style

For those of you who don't know, Dave proposed to me with my ring placed in a huge red velvet heart of Godiva chocolates. It was 10 years ago this Valentine's Day in Tampa, Florida. We had just eaten a wonderful dinner and we stopped at a park bench next to a fountain to have a chocolate. (Which I had carried in a bag straight from the Godiva store. Don't worry- the employees were in on it!) When I opened the box, there it was right in the center (lucky Dave got to eat the chocolate!) He then got down on one knee and asked me to b e his wife. Of course I said yes.

Every year since, I have received the signature Valentine's Day box of Godiva chocolates for Valentine's Day. One twist to it, though- I have discovered that dark chocolate is the best so he specifically asks for the box to contain only dark chocolates and truffles. In fact, he has even hand-picked them to contain more of my favorites- Cappucinno and Dark Chocolate Truffles! What a sweetie! And this year, to mark the 10th year, not only did I get the red heart of dark chocolates, I also got a box of limited edition chocolate truffles, and a box of only dark chocolate truffles. WOW! And I'm pregnant! Over the years of pregnancies, I have tried to stick to one chocolate a day. Oh that is so hard!!

Happy Engagement Anniversary, my Daviss.

No comments: