Friday, February 15, 2008

8 Month Belly!



Well, I have definitely grown in the last month!! I am running out of clothes to wear (notice the cut waistband on the jeans!), and I am looking bigger in the face. Funny how this is now novelty to me, and in about 2 1/2 weeks it is the very thing that will depress me!! But- wow! My belly! Even though I think I was bigger with Madeline, this baby is straight out in front (notice the "tabletop" my hands rest upon!). Which has led to some real fears that it may, in fact, be a boy! But, we'll stick to the sonogram until otherwise
notified!


We went to the doctor today. I am 37.5 weeks along and yesterday I had a pretty good scare. I began feeling bad in the afternoon and had some cramping in my sides and hips- way down low. My Braxton Hicks contractions were coming faster, longer, and harder and I began to watch to clock. This all lasted about a couple of hours, but if it had been my first baby, I probably would have thought it was the real thing. Needless to say, it wasn't, and sweet Caroline is still safe and snug inside my belly. BUT- the doctor said I am 1.5 centimeters dialated! Which is early, but only indicative of a third baby- not so much of labor. My cervix is still thick and the baby is still high. I am also measuring large, and may have to have a sonogram if that stays the same next week. He said it could just be that baby is lying differently and my uterus is stretched.


And so we wait. And we go back next Friday for another check. My dad will be happy for that as he is working so hard to completely rebuild and refinish the cradle that has been in our family since my neice was born 13 years ago. He told me I better not "domino" early! (I will also post pics of Caroline's "nursery" soon.) So hang on for now, my sweet Caroline. And stop growing!!!

1 comment:

Chad & Crystal Reynolds said...

Hi, Sweet Friend!
Thank you for keeping us updated. I am praying for you and Caroline. The Lord will allow her to come at just the right time...He's so good about that.
I love you. Hang in there!
Crystal