Saturday, June 7, 2008

Summer

Well, Summer is here and it is time to regroup. We have already been out of town for a week while Dave was preaching a camp in Brownwood. We went to my parent's house for a few days, and then to my sweet friend Christy's for the next few. We had such fun and everything went well. Caroline even continued to sleep thru the night while we were not at our own home. Fabulous! Now we are home and things must settle into some kind of normal for us. I have decided to put us on a schedule so that we can actually accomplish a few things this summer. We will have times for Bible study, reading, resting, outside play, and even some studies. We will have certain times for meals and snacks so that I can stop the endless "Can I have a snack?" questions. And we will have time for free time- that will include scrapbooking and organizing projects for me as well. And of course, we need exercise time. So, all these plans- pray for me that I will be diligent to stick with the schedule and also have time for bonding with my kids and caring for an infant.

For those of you who don't know, I am attempting this in an effort to see how I might be at homeschooling. Dave and I are prayerfully considering homeschooling our kids this next year, and I need to check my confidence. I am a very disorganized person although my every wish is to be organized. And I am very much a procrastinator. So, this summer is my trial run, so to speak. As we continue to pray for God's will for us in this area, I will continue to be moldable in hopes that I will be ready for whatever He has in store.

No comments: