Thursday, May 24, 2007

A New Favorite


In the past few months I have come to have a new favorite verse from the Bible.


"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11


Some of you know I have been going through a time of healing in the past couple of years and I praise God for that. He has brought me to a place in my life after many years of prayer and waiting, where I am truly learning to trust in Him. I always thought I did, but now that I have small children and am facing my worst fears, I am actually believing that His plan for me is Sovereign. And mine is not. I have endured a time of crisis these past two weeks and it may not be over, but through this time, as it sems to get worse before it gets better, my beautiful and best friend in the world, Christy, gave me these words... " God is not satisfied with a little dependence on Him, He wants ALL of our dependence on Him." WOW! How God has blessed me with this friend in my life and I can only hope everyone in the world can have one like her! (I have included a pic of her and her husband, Luke reading to my sweet Madeline.)


So continue to pray for me through this healing that God is working on. After so many years, it is hard to change and let go of control over my own life, thoughts and feelings. But God is faithful and His promises remain the same- plans to give me hope and a future.

1 comment:

Chad & Crystal Reynolds said...

Sweet Friend,
That has been one of my favorite verses, too. Our God is so good and loving and kind and... powerful. I am praying for you. I am proud of how God has been healing you, growing you, etc. I have been reading through your blog and crying. God has blessed me with such beautiful friends!
I am also amazed at your kids. They are so big now! Charlie has glasses! They are soooo cute! I am missing so much in your lives, but I trust we'll have all of eternity to catch up on one another.
Love, Crystal